The Ecology Action Center is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. This position has responsibilities including financial, clerical, publications management, and correspondence. Position is contingent upon program funding.
- Maintains financial records including posting transactions
- Prepares correspondence and manages filing
- Manages print and electronic communications including newsletters, web content, quarterly and annual program reports, board reports, etc.
- Planning and scheduling of meetings
- Assists with communications on behalf of Executive Director
- Pay vendor invoices in a timely manner
- Pay debts as they come due for payment
- Issue invoices to customers
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Download bank statements monthly in a timely fashion for reconciliation prior to board meetings
- Board meeting packet preparation
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Track donations, event sponsorships, and other contributions and provide donation acknowledgement correspondence with appropriate IRS approved wording for tax-deductions
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Coordinate content for regular newsletters and other print and web publications; design, edit, and publish final materials
- Help staff the office, assist visitors
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have be experienced with QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Experience and high degree of comfort with web and computer technologies–spreadsheets, WordPress, databases, CRM, Adobe design software
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified employees and applicants. All decisions regarding employment are made without regard for race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or physical and/or mental disability unrelated to ability.
Ecology Action Center
The Ecology Action Center is a not-for-profit environmental agency with a mission to inspire and assist residents of McLean County in creating, strengthening and preserving a healthy environment. The EAC acts as a central resource for environmental education, information, outreach, and technical assistance in McLean County.
Send a resume with a completed EAC Employment Application and cover letter to Executive Director Michael Brown at [email protected] or Ecology Action Center, 202 W College Ave, Normal, IL 61761. Position open until filled; please submit an application by Friday, October 5 2018 to be considered for the initial round of interviews.