The Ecology Action Center is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. This position has responsibilities including financial, clerical, publications management, and correspondence. Position is contingent upon program funding. This is an on-site position, remote work is not an option.
- Manages documentation for all incoming/outgoing financial transactions
- Prepares correspondence and manages filing
- Manages print and electronic communications including newsletters, board reports, etc.
- Manages merchandise sales/distribution and customer service
- Planning and scheduling of meetings
- Assists with communications on behalf of Executive Director
- Issue invoices to customers
- Download bank statements monthly in a timely fashion for reconciliation prior to board meetings
- Board meeting packet preparation
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Track donations, event sponsorships, and other contributions and provide donation acknowledgement correspondence with appropriate IRS approved wording for tax-deductions
- Manage marketing plans with media outlets
- Manage office supplies
- Coordinate content for regular newsletters and other print and web publications; design, edit, and publish final materials
- Help staff the office, assist visitors
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have be experienced with QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Experience and high degree of comfort with web and computer technologies–spreadsheets, WordPress, databases, CRM, Adobe design software
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified employees and applicants. All decisions regarding employment are made without regard for race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or physical and/or mental disability unrelated to ability.
Ecology Action Center
The Ecology Action Center is a not-for-profit environmental agency with a mission to inspire and assist residents of McLean County in creating, strengthening and preserving a healthy environment. The EAC acts as a central resource for environmental education, information, outreach, and technical assistance in McLean County.
Apply via Indeed. Position open until filled; please submit application by Tuesday, April 4, 2023 to be considered for initial round of interviews.
Job Type: Part-time
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
All staff are asked to wear masks inside public and shared spaces of the EAC offices to protect immunocompromised individuals. Other precautions may be required relative to COVID-19 fluctuating conditions.
- Minimum of Associates Degree (Required)
- office and clerical: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location