Program Coordinator – BNCESP
The Ecology Action Center is seeking a part-time Program Coordinator. The main responsibility of this position is coordinating the development of the Bloomington-Normal Community Energy Strategic Plan (BNCESP). This is a short-term (approximately 4 months to 8 months), hourly position with no benefits. The position is contingent upon program funding.
- Development of effective framework and realistic timeline for plan development process
- Communication with stakeholder/focus groups
- Preparation of initial materials for distribution to stakeholders defining roles, explaining process, identifying priorities, possible strategies, to include research into success emissions reduction strategies in other communities and summary of 2015 GHG Inventory findings
- Creation of detailed written plan for municipal/public dissemination
- Inclusion of NAAQS/ozone attainment status as a high priority objective within the BNCESP
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Preferred course of study in Energy, Environmental Health, Environmental Studies or other environmental sciences major.
- Understanding and ability to articulate energy issues, greenhouse gases, climate, etc.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with relevant ICLEI GHG inventory protocols, & USDOE CESP standards
- Excellent communication skills–both verbal and written
- Ability to distill technical information and explain in layperson terms
- High comfort level with learning/using new software (ClearPath from ICLEI)
- Excellent organization skills
- Familiarity with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Publisher
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified employees and applicants. All decisions regarding employment are made without regard for race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or physical and/or mental disability unrelated to ability.
Ecology Action Center
The Ecology Action Center is a not-for-profit environmental agency with a mission to inspire and assist residents of McLean County in creating, strengthening and preserving a healthy environment. The EAC acts as a central resource for environmental education, information, outreach, and technical assistance in McLean County.
Send a resume with a completed EAC Employment Application and cover letter to Executive Director Michael Brown at [email protected] or Ecology Action Center, 202 W College Ave, Normal, IL 61761. Position open until filled; please submit an application by Wednesday, October 17 2018 to be considered for the initial round of interviews.