The Ecology Action Center’s Tree Corps program seeks to plant at least 10,000 trees a year for at least ten years. 2022 was wildly successful, with over 12,500 trees planted! 2023 can be equally successful with your help!
Planting trees will give us great opportunities to:
- Add never-ending beauty to Central Illinois
- Enjoy working with friends for community benefit
- Improve local air quality by removing the air pollutant ozone to improve public health
- Sequester climate-changing carbon emissions
- Increase native species, helping to preserve biodiversity
Donations of any amount help support the planting of local trees; $5 plants at least one small bareroot native hardwood tree while $250 will plant one 2-3″ diameter, 6-7′ tall native sapling. All trees are planted as part of Tree Corps planting projects coordinated by the Ecology Action Center with other community partners and assistance by hundreds of volunteers in the spring and fall of each year.
The EAC is joining with churches, civic groups, local governments, and many interested individuals and groups to plant trees around McLean County. Please donate now to our Plant a Tree For Christmas campaign to provide funds for 10,000 trees to be planted in McLean County in 2023!
Note: Tree Tributes intended as gifts for Christmas 2022 must be made by noon on December 16, 2022 in order to be received before the holiday.