The Ecology Action Center’s Tree Corps program seeks to plant at least 10,000 trees a year for ten years. 2021 was wildly successful, with over 10,000 trees planted by the end of May. 2022 can be equally successful with your help!
Planting trees will give us great opportunities to:
- Add never-ending beauty to Central Illinois
- Enjoy working with friends for community benefit
- Improve local air quality by removing the air pollutant ozone to improve public health
- Sequester climate-changing carbon emissions
- Increase native species, helping to preserve biodiversity
The EAC is joining with churches, civic groups, local governments, and many interested individuals and groups to plant trees around McLean County. Please donate now to our Plant a Tree For Christmas campaign to provide funds for 10,000 trees to be planted in McLean County in 2022!
Note: Tree Tributes intended as gifts for Christmas 2021 must be made by noon on December 21, 2021 in order to be received before the holiday.