Your donations (as an individual, as a Tree Team group, or as a business sponsorship) are greatly needed to raise the finances needed. At approximately $5 per tree for planting costs, we need to raise as much as $50,000 for this year’s tree planting efforts. As the Ecology Action Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, all contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. Please donate generously within your means.
Tree Tributes are donations made in honor of, or in memory of a person. Learn more about Tree Tributes.
Many, many, many hands will be needed to plant 10,000 trees in the spring! Most of these trees are seedlings – about 2′ tall and a very small diameter. We plant them using a “dibble bar”. Please sign up for one of the planting workdays on the calendar to the left and help us get these trees in the ground so they get established before the heat of the summer arrives. Volunteers need to be 18 years or older unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and then must be at least 12. All volunteers must be able to spend at least 2.5 hours on their feet, use hand tools safely, and lift a weight of about 15 pounds. Learn more about volunteering.
This year we will work at several different sites planting native hardwood seedlings.
- 5000 trees at the ParkLands Foundation Lexington Preserve as part of the Mike Hall Tree Project
- Infill plantings at Heartland Community College in north Normal
- Infill plantings at the Bloomington Normal Water Reclamation District
- An assortment of nut-producing trees in the Village of McLean
- Trail Trees with the Friends of the Constitution Trail in the Funks Grove area
- Normal Community High School tree planting