Midwest Building Solutions is a new, results-oriented training program for home builders. This half-day training offers tested solutions to common challenges faced by Illinois builders. The goal of the training is to describe a cost-effective and resource-efficient approach to building resulting in new homes that are durable, safe, comfortable, and exceed the International Energy Conservation Code (ICC).
You will learn:
- How to achieve superior performance related to: framing, insulation, windows, HVAC and ducts, and air tightness
- Untapped opportunities for cost savings
- How to avoid mold and water-related problems
- New approaches to code compliance
- Ways to sell your better building practices
- More about new federal tax credits for builders of energy-efficient homes.
Who should attend?
Builders, remodelers, subcontractors, home inspectors, purchasing agents, business managers, and marketing and sales representatives in the building industry
You will receive valuable resources:
- The Energy & Environmental Building Association’s (EEBA) Builder’s Guide
- Water Management Guide, an EEBA publication
- ICC Compliance Guide for New Homes, a RECA builder’s guide
- RESCheck software, information on RESCheck-Web
- A guide to other programs offering technical and marketing support.
Training dates and locations:Champaign-Urbana | February 16, 2006
Parkland College, Room D244
2400 West Bradley Ave.
Contact: Bob Dickey, 217-379-2131 x128
Training time: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Carbondale | January 18, 2006
Carbondale Civic Center
200 S. Illinois Ave.
Contact: Tracy Hayes, 618-457-3237
Training time: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Bloomington-Normal | February 22, 2006
Government Center Building, Community Room
115 E. Washington St.
Contact: Julie Elzanati, 309-454-3169
Training time: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Registration and cost:
Register online at Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance Web site.
You may also register by phone by calling Paige Knutsen at 312-387-8390 x19.
The cost of training, including all materials and lunch is $40.
The Midwest Building Solutions training program was developed by the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) with support from the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA). Training in Illinois is sponsored by: Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation, Homebuilders Association of Southern Illinois (HBASI), Code Enforcement Officials of Southern Illinois, Bloomington-Normal Area Home Builders Association, the DCEO Regional Energy Program administered by the Ecology Action Center, the Home Builders Association of East Central Illinois, Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative, and the Home Builders Association of Greater Southwest Illinois.