Ecology Action Center
Program Coordinator Job Description
The Program Coordinator is a full-time salaried position with health insurance and paid time off including annual vacation time, sick time, and holidays. The position is contingent upon funding. Specific responsibilities may vary and are subject to change dependent upon funding opportunities.
This position will focus on the coordination and implementation of energy efficiency, recycling and waste reduction, or clean water protection outreach programs. Specific roles depend on pending funding opportunities. Candidates should possess a strong environmental health, energy efficiency, or environmental studies background. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, and familiarity with relevant technology and software.
Major responsibilities include some combination, but not all of the following:
- Promotion, coordination, and implementation of educational outreach programs such as fourth and third grade classroom programs in recycling/waste reduction and watersheds/stormwater runoff pollution.
- Coordination of volunteer outreach projects including storm drain stenciling, creek clean ups, and/or natural areas stewardship workdays.
- Educate residents at community events through information booths
- Presentations to community groups.
- Coordination of special events as assigned.
- Research and project development to address program needs.
- Coordinate programs to combine duties whenever necessary to save time and costs.
- Assessment of homes and small businesses for energy use and adequate weatherization and provide detailed written reports of findings and recommendations.
- Promotion of clean renewable energy such as solar PV through coordination of solar group purchasing programs, educational sessions, and other outreach.
- Creation of educational content and messaging to promote program objectives (waste, clean water, or energy efficiency).
- Update program-specific websites with new and updated content.
Additional duties may include assisting or leading educational programs, scheduling of programs, promoting programs and events of the EAC, working with interns and volunteers to facilitate programs of the EAC, staffing the center including answering phone calls, greeting the public, distributing informational materials, and assisting with the regular running of the center. Weekend and evening hours are required occasionally.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Preferred course of study in Energy, Environmental Health, Environmental Studies or other environmental sciences major. Preferred Masters of Science in relevant study area.
- 3 years of experience in nontraditional education and/or community outreach with varied age groups and other demographics
- Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Experience and high degree of comfort with web and computer technologies: spreadsheets, social media, WordPress, databases, NeonCRM, etc.
- Ability to work occasional long hours and irregular schedules to accommodate programmatic needs
- Ability to stand for 4 or more hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must provide own transportation, automobile insurance, and have a satisfactory driving record.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates should complete an EAC Employment Application and submit it with a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Michael Brown at [email protected] The position is open until filled but applicants should submit their application materials by January 7, 2020 for initial consideration.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified employees and applicants. All decisions regarding employment are made without regard for race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or physical and/or mental disability unrelated to ability.
Ecology Action Center
The Ecology Action Center is a not-for-profit environmental agency with a mission to inspire and assist our community in creating, strengthening and preserving a healthy environment. The EAC acts as a central resource for environmental education, information, outreach, and technical assistance in McLean County.